Tonight I decided to get back into Nashville, for no apparent reason other than, I can’t stay away from Connie Britton’s hair.
No — that wasn’t the only reason, but I’m not sure what the real reason was. What made me decide to tune in again, after not watching for the past couple of months? Who knows. Last night I spent a full hour of my life watching Millionaire Matchmaker, so I don’t spend too much energy wondering why certain shows suck me in.
Anyway, one of the things I really like about Nashville – other than Connie’s perfect hair – is the music. Connie Britton sings Shania-ish tunes, Lennon & Maisy play her adorable daughters who have sung on the show (maybe more than once? again, I’m not exactly up-to-date with this show), and there are not one but TWO Taylor Swift-esque singers, played by Hayden Panettiere and Clare Bowen.
On tonight’s episode, Hayden’s character Juliet Barnes sang a song that was some awesomely bad that I immediately went to Spotify to see if it was available. Sadly, it was not, but all you need to know is the song is called “I’m a Girl.” It’s cheesey, and stupid, and as soon as it’s available on Spotify, I’ll probably listen to it about 5 times a day.
So that got me thinking about other cheesey songs sung by fictional singers and bands, and trust me, there are a lot of them. My favorites are below:
8. “Forever” by Jesse & the Rippers (Full House)
7. “AOL” by 7 Degrees Celsius (Saturday Night Live) – excuse the subtitles – this was the only version I could find
6. “Must Be Love” by California Dreams (California Dreams)
5. “U + Me = Us (Calculus)” by 2Ge+ther (2Ge+ther: The Series)
4. “You All Everybody” by Drive Shaft (Lost)
3. “Friends Forever” by Zack Attack (Saved by the Bell)
2. “No Whack Whack” by Gemini’s Twin (Saturday Night Live)
1. “Lady L” by Nick Andopolis (Freaks and Geeks)