If you – like me – enjoy reading really trashy news, but also enjoy going to an actual news site and reading actual news without having to sift through the fluff, you’re probably pretty frustrated with the current state of the internet.
Yes, we have more access to information now than in any time in history, yet it seems almost impossible to find real news sites that report real news. Meaning, nothing about the Kardashians.
Don’t get me wrong – I love reading celebrity gossip. I just don’t like when it makes its way into actual news sites.
For this reason, I’ve basically given up on cnn.com (among other sites), and tonight, I’m going to show you why.
Below are 20 headlines from either cnn.com or people.com. Shouldn’t they ALL be from people.com, rather than a reputable news source, you ask? Why yes, of course. But that’s not the society we live in.
So, without further ado, it’s time to play: “Is this headline from People or CNN?” (which just narrowly beat out my original title of “Is CNN f-ing kidding us?”
Answers are below.
1. Dominic Monaghan Cuddles Up to Venomous Snakes on New Show
2. Puppy Bowl IX: Pics of the Litter
3. Steven Tyler & Vince Vaughn’s Near-Miss Hangout in West Hollywood
4. Lindsay Lohan Needs Some Luck
5. ‘Magic Mike’ Not Nominated for Anything
6. Kim & Kanye’s Baby Will Wear Custom Clothes and Maybe Leather
7. Karolína Kurková: Why I Chose a Home Waterbirth
8. Kate’s Perfect Nose Inspires Women to Have Plastic Surgery
9. Lisa Welchel Joins Tyler Perry Movie
10. Seal Pup Finds Shelter from the Storm on a Car Dashboard
11. Lauren Conrad: Katy Perry’s Movie Made Me Cry
12. Channing Tatum: I Hope I Don’t Screw Up Parenthood
13. Tia and Tamera: We Could Take the Olsens
14. Criss Angel Offers $5,000 Reward for Stolen Yorkshire Terrier
15. Miranda Lambert: Dog Betty Is a Daddy’s Girl
16. Jennifer Grey Willing to Risk a Nip Slip
17. It’s Not Christmas Without Glitter
18. Katrina Bowden: I’m Planning a Wedding Without a Wedding Planner
19. January Jones: ‘My Hair Is Falling Out in Clumps’
20. Why We Can’t Get Enough Gosling (Duh!)
people.com: 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19
cnn.com: 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, 16, 17, 20