Today, I’m listening to a mix I made on Spotify called “Gettin’ Hitched.” And since that’ll probably show up on my Facebook feed, I want to clarify that I don’t just randomly listen to wedding-themed music. Normally. But tonight, I’m going to a wedding, and I get pretty excited about seeing good friends get married, so I wanted to celebrate love and marriage all day long by listening to my favorite wedding-ish songs.
Here’s my “Getting’ Hitched” mix – let me know what I’m missing!
1. Going to the Chapel – The Dixie Cups (of course)
2. Let’s Get Married – Jagged Edge (love seeing the bad-boy groups get all sweet and romantic)
3. I Do – Colbie Callait (current favorite)
4. Let’s Get Married – Al Green (of course)
5. Marry Me – St. Vincent
6. Love and Marriage – Frank Sinatra
7. White Wedding – Billy Idol
8. Wedding Day – Rosie Thomas (shout out to Kristin – who had an amazing, beautiful wedding, btw – for introducing me to Rosie)
9. January Wedding – The Avett Brothers (a favorite of the bride and groom)
10. Wedding Bell – Beach House
11. I Do (Cherish You) – 98 Degrees (Am I right, other girls who grew up in the 90s?)
12. Wedding Day – UB40
13. Love Like a Sunset Part I – Phoenix (not necessarily a wedding song, but Laura’s list yesterday made me remember how beautiful this song is)